Sunday, December 5, 2010

Nancy, you've done it again!

Over the four years we lived in Norman, Bart & I tried to establish some long-lasting relationships. One of our favorites was with a woman who happens to make the best strawberry cake in the world. Her name is Nancy, and she creates her mouth-watering treats at store called Cookies 'N Cards, a very nondescript place on OU's Campus Corner. Nancy and her infamous strawberry cake & cupcakes helped us celebrate many special events in Norman, and we knew they'd make the list of 'things we'll miss most' when moving to Honduras.

Well, thanks to my mom's vision, Nancy's gift of baking, and the willingness of Dudley & Vicki Chancey to serve as transporters, we were able to celebrate my 29th birthday on Thursday with our favorite strawberry cake! I can't imagine the amount of trouble it was on everyone's part, but my taste buds would like to take this opportunity to say, "Muchas Gracias!" for your efforts.


Hello, old friend!
  
And if that wasn't enough, I also received a box full of birthday cards from many of you! It absolutely made my day to be able to open real mail...and I've already read them through a few times.  All in all, this last year of my 20's has gotten off to a great start!


md

No comments:

Post a Comment