Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back to School

Walking Crying my way across the stage at my UO graduation in June of 2006, I was 99% sure I'd never go to school again. My tears were tears of joy, pride, and relief...that I'd never have to spend another Sunday night preparing for the tasks of the school week. 

Never say never! Bart & I just completed our first week of Spanish classes at the Conversa Language School in Tegucigalpa. I must say that--while this is one of the most difficult goals we could attempt at our old age--I feel blessed to have the opportunity to become more equipped to speak with Latin Americans. It's such a special culture with special people, and learning their language will only enrich my life. 


Thank you to all our supporters who are making this opportunity possible for us!

md

4 comments:

  1. Way to go guys! We are proud of you and God blessed you with great brains...I'm sure you inherited from your very smart parents! Ha! If only! You all will do great and tackling new challenges in your lives can only make you feel better about yourselves and you will be able to help even more people and touch more lives in a positive way. Love you lots...Mom/Va

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you guys!! But, can't believe you're back in school again... ;-)

    Alameda is doing well. We're about halfway through the NT Challenge and everyone is wracked a bit from the death of Leslie Evans. The support for Mark and family has been phenomenal. Bill Pink has been gone a bit lately so your truly has been leading worship. No train wrecks yet...

    If someone wanted to send a care package, what address should it be sent to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and if said care package included books or magazines from the states, what would that look like?

    Hope you are both doing well and settling in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Matt! I'm sad we're missing your worship leading experiences!! I'm sure you're doing great.
    Care packages are best sent (at this point) with people who are visiting the country. We don't technically have an address, and haven't nailed down a place with an address to have mail sent to.
    The next people we know who are coming down are Stan & Cheryl Berry, who will be here on Wednesday! After that, feel free to give stuff to my mom, who will coordinate from there.
    Bart loves Fine Homebuilding magazine, I like Sunset magazine (or something like that), and we dig any books that are written in English! You know I'd be asking you for book recommendations anyway!!
    Thanks, Matt,
    MD

    ReplyDelete